Global players need global transparency!
Today’s companies are increasingly international and decentralized. This calls for the very highest standards of transparency and comparability when it comes to KPIs for gauging process and cost efficiency. SAP can play a vital role in achieving this – provided your system landscape was configured taking these requirements into account.
All too often, reality is quite different: fragmented system landscapes, a veritable jungle of charts of accounts, lack of consistent cost and profit center structures and disparate reporting characteristics all present major obstacles to managing your company efficiently using reliable KPIs.
Harmonization. Basis for enhanced process control and efficiency.
Commercial harmonization programs usually include at least three of the following:
- Harmonization of charts of accounts
- Introduction of parallel and/or group currencies
- Reorganization or harmonization of profit center structures
- Reorganization or harmonization of segments for the purpose of balance sheet reporting
- Integration of formerly separate controlling areas
- Integration of formerly separate operating concerns
- Harmonization of characteristics and value fields
- Harmonization of document and material types
- Harmonization of product hierarchies
Depending on the particular initial situation, multiple requirements can be implemented simultaneously.
Gain the transparency you need with our free analysis service.
Harmonization accomplished. What’s next?
Harmonized SAP structures and data open up a host of new, previously untapped opportunities. These include:
- Greater efficiency through integrated intercompany processes
- Improved order and backorder tracing in real time
- Real time comparability across all locations, branch offices, and plants
- Use of dashboards for condensed presentation of KPIs and risk indicators
- Flexible, time and cost efficient SAP roll outs for the onboarding of additional companies or locations
- Streamlined introduction of shared services