SAP S/4HANA Cloud 2008 Release
The August release SAP S/4HANA Cloud 2008 was released at the end of July 2020. Companies will benefit from new functions and an even greater user-friendliness.
The releases for the SAP S/4HANA Cloud
Four releases for the SAP S/4HANA Cloud are published every year. After the 2002 release (February 2020) and the 2005 release (April 2020), the 2008 release was released at the end of July.
SAP will automatically install the four releases on the SAP S/4HANA Cloud ES (Essential Edition). With SAP S/4HANA Cloud EX (Extended Edition), on the other hand, companies have a choice: Customers have two releases available each year, one of which must be executed at a freely selectable time.
What does the 2008 release of SAP S/4HANA Cloud contain?
With the 2008 release, companies can take advantage of numerous new functions - a total of 608 changes since the last release.
The 2008 release for the SAP S/4HANA Cloud again offers a number of highlights: starting with the extended functions for transaction-based revenue recognition in the area of finance, through to innovations in material requirements planning in manufacturing.
The highlights of the S/4HANA Cloud 2008 release at a glance
- In revenue and cost accounting, SAP has expanded the options for transaction-based revenue recognition (real-time revenue recognition, margin analysis, etc.). The manual effort can be reduced with this function.
- Web-Dynpro is now the default tile for drilldown reports on the Fiori Launchpad In previous releases the Design Studio version of the tile was displayed by default.
- SAP has integrated the quality info records into the production part release procedure (PPAP): With this feature, companies can now manage the PPAP in the Digital Manufacturing Cloud using collaboration rooms in the network for customers. Users can also store detailed descriptions for quality info records.
- The intelligent position automation for the inventory process also provides companies in inventory management with a new solution. This function enables a higher inventory accuracy and transparency.
- SAP provides app extensions for predictive material and resource management: Here you can find the new view "Problem Worklist". This allows users to obtain an overview of all problems and prioritize these problems according to their impact.
- In the area of Sales Monitoring and Analytics, SAP provides a new Fiori app with the 2008 release: the "Customer Overview". It helps companies to get an overview of the sales data (incoming sales orders, delivery reliability, etc.) of one or more customers. The app can be operated intuitively.
- A new app for sales contract management allows you to create, modify and delete deviation profiles. Users can define threshold values for deviations.
- With the 2008 release, SAP introduces Solution Order Management. With the help of this solution, companies can map an end-to-end process - from the creation of a solution order to the delivery of products of different categories. Invoicing and controlling are integrated.
Sourcing and Procurement
- Highlight from SAP's point of view: the new app "Parts per Million" in the Procurement Analytics area. With this app, companies can display the number of faulty or rejected materials per million. The basis for this is the ratio of return deliveries and quality notifications to the goods received. This gives buyers an insight into the quality of the delivered goods.
- In Enterprise Portfolio and Project Management, companies can use the new app "Manage Project Demand" to create the work packages material and service requirements for a project and to trigger and monitor the procurement of materials and services. This is the first integration between enterprise projects and procurement.
- A new app makes it easier for companies to monitor invoice elements and handle invoice requests. This improves usability and performance.
- With the 2008 release, a new Fiori app provides detailed and basic dangerous goods classification. In addition, it is possible to show or hide additional information dynamically. With Release 2008, SAP also provides new compliance requirements for IATA, TDG, NOM, ANTT and NCh382. This simplifies the classification of products and reduces compliance costs.
Steven Riedel, SAP S/4HANA Lead and project managerDo you have any questions about SAP S/4HANA Cloud? Please feel free to contact me.
+49 2241 8845-637