Highlights of the new SAP S/4HANA Cloud 2011 Release
The latest release for the SAP S/4HANA Cloud is here! SAP released the SAP S/4HANA Cloud 2011 on October 28, 2020. The new release again brings many innovations and improvements.
Four releases for the SAP S/4HANA Cloud in 2020
SAP has now released the fourth and last release for the cloud in 2020 - the SAP S/4HANA Cloud Release 2011 (November). Previous releases this year were 2002 (February), 2005 (May) and 2008 (August).
What is new? The new 2011 cloud release for SAP S/4HANA
With the November release for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, companies can once again take advantage of many new functions - a total of 646 changes compared to the 2008 release, including an impressive 293 new features.
You can find a complete overview of all new features at help.sap.com: What's New in SAP S/4HANA Cloud 2011 or - here interactive with a selection function - at help.sap.com: What’s New Viewer – SAP S/4HANA Cloud. Further information on some of the highlights of the 2011 release can also be found at blog.sap.com: Highlights of the Highlights of the SAP S/4HANA Cloud 2011 Release (November 2020).
Some news and changes of the SAP S/4HANA Cloud 2011 release
- In finance alone, companies can use 39 new Fiori apps - from apps for cost management to new apps for the SAP general ledger.
- Among other things, SAP provides the two new apps "Process Receivables" and "Manage Dispute Cases". These apps enable companies to improve their debt collection and dispute handling.
Manufacturing & Supply Chain
- If a product is no longer available, the system now automatically suggests an alternative - for example, a new version of the product. This function is available in the Available-To-Promise area. The substitution of products can be managed with new Fiori apps.
- In quality management, a new function ("Defect Category") now allows defects to be analyzed on the basis of defect categories.
- A customer should receive a credit note? With the new release, companies now have an SAP Self-Billing Cockpit (based on the cloud platform) at their disposal, with which credit notes can be managed efficiently and clearly.
- SAP has improved the performance of some CDS views for data extraction with the new release: data extraction for sales document items, data extraction for the pricing element of a sales document item and data extraction for sales document schedule lines.
Sourcing & Procurement
- How do the suppliers of a company perform? Following the 2011 upgrade, buyers can now measure supplier performance in a variety of real-time metrics - and provide the results to suppliers with the "Supplier Evaluation Score Output".
- A maintenance of plants or machines is usually carried out regularly. Companies can now plan and organize such recurring services better and easier with a new business scenario.
- SAP is introducing SAP Central Business Configuration as the new configuration environment of the SAP S/4HANA Cloud. SAP Central Business Configuration can be integrated into SAP cloud products. It supports the scoping, configuration, implementation and maintenance of SAP cloud projects.
Steven Riedel, SAP S/4HANA Lead and project managerDo you have any questions about SAP S/4HANA Cloud? Please feel free to contact me.
+49 2241 8845-637