SAP S/4HANA Cloud 2208 Release Highlights
SAP has released 2208 for the SAP S/4HANA Cloud. This article provides an overview of some of the most important innovations.
Overview and links to the new cloud release 2208
Compared to the last release, there are 1427 improvements (new features, changes, deletions, etc.) to features and functions - 618 of which are new features alone (357 new apps).
A complete overview of all new features is available on SAP's website and on the SAP Community pages:
- on a general overview page: New Product Releases
- as PDF document online or for download: SAP S/4HANA Cloud 2208 Release Highlights
- with interactive selection function: What's New Viewer - SAP S/4HANA Cloud
- as an article in the SAP blog by Sven Denecken with further links to innovations in the individual areas: Highlights of the SAP S/4HANA Cloud 2208 Release
Two releases for the cloud per year
Since the beginning of 2022, SAP no longer publishes four releases per year, but two releases: in February and August of each year. New additions for this are SAP S/4HANA Cloud Updates and SAP S/4HANA Cloud Hotfixes.
The releases for SAP S/4HANA Cloud each contain the year and month (YYMM) in the designation - for example, "2208" for the new release of August 2022. Translated with
Selected innovations of the Cloud 2208 release
- Introduction of in-house banking for SAP S/4HANA Cloud for advanced payments management
- Introduction of a configurable report portfolio for margin analysis within the consolidated financial statements
- Universal parallel accounting possible (alternative fiscal year variants can be assigned to the company codes of the non-leading ledger)
- Predictive liquidity planning (SAP Analytics Cloud Release 2022.3) to predict long-term (the next 12 months) operating cash flow
- Improved integration of group reporting with SAP Analytics Cloud (for planning consolidation scenarios)
- SAP Quality Issue Resolution (interactive platform that provides a consistent and standardized way of handling issues based on the 8D methodology)
- Business Process Scheduling as a flexible scheduling solution (for better planning of logistical activities of various business processes in the areas of sales, handling, delivery and readiness for delivery)
- Side-by-side view of uploaded documents when automatically creating sales orders from unstructured data
- New app (App ID: F5987) for sales contract management (companies can create, view, and edit sales contracts and track sales contract progress)
- New SAP Fiori app (App ID: F5630) for sales quotation management (companies can create, view, and modify sales quotations and navigate to other apps to add missing quotation data, for example)
- Triggering the returns process in in-house repair (create a return order via the "Return Order" tile, which triggers the logistics process)
Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC)
- GRC Asset Service to inventory IT-related assets and assess assets as part of cybersecurity risk management.
- Approval workflows for project billing requests (Automate, accelerate, and improve the billing process)
- Introduction of tasks and task list templates (Enables implementation of a workflow-driven process during the problem and resolution phase of an issue)
SAP User Experience
- New integration with Microsoft Teams ("Share to Microsoft Teams"), which supports collaboration between all SAP S/4HANA Cloud users (new feature as part of the Early Adopter Care Program)
- Horizon theme now generally available after gradual introduction starting with SAP S/4HANA Cloud 2111 (new design elements, new placement of search field, etc.)
- Flexible and fast access with the My Home feature of SAP Fiori Launchpad to all individual information, tasks and applications from any device (Available as opt-in, activation via "Manage Launchpad Settings")
Meinolf Schäfer, Senior Director Sales & MarketingAre you interested in the SAP S/4HANA Cloud? Feel free to write to me!